2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Moves Your Business
- Ford Ranger line-up bolstered for Australian customers with new Ranger XL Special Edition and Ranger XLT Fully Loaded joined by Heavy-Duty option packages, giving customers greater choice and personalisation
- Ranger XL Special Edition brings a Genuine Ford Factory Bull Bar, LED light bar and fixed-mount snorkel to the highly capable Ranger XL 4x4 Cab Chassis, which together delivering greater capability and tough looks in a single, simplified package
- Ranger XLT Fully Loaded brings the popular XLT model a unique look, with standard tech including Semi-Auto Parking, Adaptive Cruise Control, 18-inch Black Alloy Wheels and leather-accented seating, with a choice of powertrains
- Ford Ranger now comes standard with FordPass Connect, on top of already standard Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB), six airbags and a five-star ANCAP rating, backed by a five-year unlimited kilometre warranty
MELBOURNE, Australia, 13 August 2020 – Ford Ranger customers now have access to an even harder-working heavy-duty line-up, with greater capability, options and driveaway offers for updated models arriving in showrooms across Australia from this month.
The upgrades include a new all-terrain tyre option for Ranger XL 4x4, a new Heavy-Duty Pack on selected XL 4x4 Models, a Tough Bed Spray-in Bedliner option and a new 17-inch black alloy wheel option for Ranger XLS. The changes, which help to maximise Ranger 4x4’s award-winning on-road and off-road capability, are joined by the return of the Ranger XLT Fully Loaded pack to deliver customers tough looks with comfort, tech and refinement.
“Ranger has been designed and engineered in Australia, and our harsh continent is an ideal place to develop, test and test again to ensure Ranger meets the Tough Done Smarter mantra,” said Andrew Birkic, President and CEO of Ford Australia and New Zealand. “We’re working hard to ensure that tradies and their teams across the country, and businesses pushing to get back on their feet, have the right equipment and support to get on with what matters to them most.”
The award-winning Ford Ranger was the best-selling 4x4 vehicle in Australia and New Zealand for 2019 and continues to offer outstanding payload, towing and water wading capabilities. In addition to SYNC 3[i] with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto smartphone compatibility[ii], as well as Autonomous Emergency Braking[iii], standard on every new Ford Ranger is the FordPass Connect embedded modem. When paired with the FordPass App[iv], FordPass Connect unlocks a range of new connected services including remote locking/unlocking, remote vehicle start[v] and vehicle status updates. This can be particularly handy on the worksite, allowing customers to remotely start the vehicle and warm the cabin prior to a coffee on a winter’s morning, for example. The FordPass App is now available for download for Apple and Android devices.
The Ranger line-up has a five-star ANCAP safety rating, as well as a five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty, with further peace of mind for Ranger owners through the Ford Service Benefits program.
Ford Ranger XL: Work Ready Daily Driver
The Ranger XL brings high capability, practicality and affordability to a premium workhorse. Already standard with Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB), Apple CarPlay/Android Auto and FordPass Connect, the Ranger XL Special Edition comes alongside new optional packages to enable Australian customers to choose the features they need to make their Ranger work its hardest.
Ranger XL 4x4 Special Edition
Based on the Ranger 4x4 XL Double Cab Chassis 3.2L Auto, the XL Special Edition brings Australians additional features in a value-package with three core additions to enhance its usefulness and dependability. The package, is designed to deliver greater value for money and convenience for customers with the factory fitment of popular accessories to the vehicle.
Three key accessories have been matched to the Ranger XL 4x4 Double Cab Chassis to create XL Special Edition:
- A factory-fitted steel bull bar, covered by Ranger’s five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty. The Genuine Ford Steel Bull Bar meets Ford’s stringent engineering and safety standards and has been crash-tested for compatibility with vehicle safety systems, which on XL includes AEB with Pedestrian detection.
- The bull bar also features integrated mounting points for lamps and UHF antennas, with the Ranger XL Special Edition including an LED light bar. The Light Bar brings greater visibility, as well as adding to Ranger XL’s practicality on the work site, camp site or weekend adventure.
- A Ford Genuine fixed-head snorkel tops off Ranger XL Special Edition’s upgrades. The snorkel provides a higher air intake position to assist in conditions such as dusty roads, drawing in air from roof level providing cooler and cleaner air to its engine.
Ranger XL: Fresh Options for Greater Versatility
In response to continued feedback from customers, Ranger XL 4x4 buyers can now choose an optional All-Terrain (A/T) tyre that is better suited to off-road applications. The Continental ContCrossContact All-Terrain tyre is fitted to larger 17 x 7.5-inch steel wheels in place of the standard 16-inch wheels, further enhancing off-road capability, presentation and value.
The optional Continental A/T tyres make choosing an all-terrain tyre a simpler, easier process with the convenience of being factory fitted and bypassing the need to shop and fit A/T tyres post-purchase. The tyres have also been tested against Ford’s tough Trustmark handling requirements, including compatibility with the vehicle’s stability control systems, ensuring maximum capability, safety and performance.
Heavy-Duty Pack Option
Building on Ranger’s Tough Done Smarter mantra, the Ranger XL 4x4 is now offered with an even more capable Heavy-Duty Pack that combines Heavy Duty Suspension and All-terrain tyre options with subtle but important equipment updates.
The Heavy-Duty Pack is available across a range of Single Cab, Super Cab and Double Cab body configurations in both Cab Chassis and Pick-Up. The pack includes:
- Heavy-Duty suspension
- 17 x 7.5-inch black-painted steel wheels
- 17-inch Continental ContiCrossContact A/T tyres
- Solid wheel nuts
- Black side steps (excluding Single Cab Chassis)
- Rear view camera kit (Cab-Chassis models only. Already standard on Pick-Up models)
The Heavy-Duty Pack brings enhanced work capability to Ranger XL 4x4 without impacting on the convenience of ownership.
Tough Bed Spray-in Bedliner
New for Ranger is an optional factory-applied Tough Bed Spray-in Bedliner for greater durability, strength and usability when compared to a ‘drop in’ or aftermarket bed liner.
Optional on all XL, XLS, XLT Double Cab Pick-Up models, the Tough Bed Spray-in Bedliner brings customers:
- Industrial-strength, two-part coating for long-lasting protection
- Factory-applied with automated precision to ensure a smooth, even coat
- Uniform, high-grip textured surface helps minimise load slippage, gouging and scratching
- Restricts moisture between the liner and the bed
- Meets rigorous Ford engineering specifications, including impact testing
- Retains Ford’s standard five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty
In addition to the Tough Bed Spray-in Bedliner, the Ranger XLS 4x4 now offers greater personalisation with a choice of black-finish 17-inch alloy wheels that provide an increase in size over the standard 16-inch Ranger XLS alloy wheels, providing a smart look consistent with higher-spec Rangers such as the XLT, FX4 and Ranger Wildtrak.
Ranger XLT Fully Loaded
The 2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 Fully Loaded double-cab arrives in showrooms in September and brings a suite of optional design, technology and convenience options into a single package for greater value for customers. Offered exclusively as an option for the popular XLT 4x4 double-cab, the Fully Loaded brings not only higher equipment levels to Ranger’s already strong cost-of-ownership proposition, but the convenience of a suite of options bundled into a single package.
Leading with Ranger XLT’s standout, rugged exterior, Ranger XLT Fully Loaded features:
- Larger 18-inch alloy wheels finished in gloss black
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Leather-Accented Seat Trim
- Semi-Automatic Parallel Parking
Ford Ranger Moves Your Business
To further support getting back to business, Ranger customers can access up to three-years of free scheduled servicing on key Ranger models, while compelling drive-away offers are also available on selected models.
i Not all SYNC® 3 features are compatible with all phones. For compatibility, see ford.com.au/sync.
ii Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Both require phones with compatible versions of Apple iOS and Android™ (respectively), active data service and genuine USB cable (available separately). Message and data rates may apply. SYNC® does not control Apple CarPlay or Android Auto while in use; Apple Inc and Android™ (respectively) are responsible for their functionality. Warning: Local laws prohibit some or all of the text messaging functions while driving. Check your local road rules before using these functions.
iii Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. May not operate in some driving and road conditions (including at certain speeds) or adverse weather.
v Remote Start and Stop on Automatic variants only. Use responsibly and only in well ventilated areas where you are aware of your vehicle’s surroundings.